Sunday, November 28, 2010

'Tis The Season

...to be THANKFUL.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I spent mine with Joshua's family in the bustling metropolis of Fairbury, NE. It was great to meet his mother's side of the family. They are so different from my family in their traditions and small town upbringing, but on some level, sitting around the living room filled with collectibles and family photos, I felt very at home. In essence, a family is a group of people thrown together in life based on genetics and chance, who love each other...no matter what. His Grandparents have been married for 63 years...isn't that refreshing?

...to act impulsively.

So, I quit my job today. Actually, I gave notice at my second job that has been consuming my weekends, my social life, and my immune system. Why eliminate extra income during the holiday (read: $$$$$$$) season? I'm still trying to figure out if I regret this decision or not. To be honest, I know I can find another way to supplement my income if need be but for now, I would like to invest a little in my relationships.

The only time I spend with my family is the approximately 20 seconds (or less) it takes me to unleash my pup and shove her through the door of my parent's house. They are so kind to puppysit for me during my workdays. My little sister just turned 21 and my brother is a junior in high school. I feel that I check in less with them now than I did when I lived in Texas.

I miss my boyfriend. Don't get me wrong, I see him all the time, but we still struggle to put together enough quality time to be satisfied. Now that we both have our weekends back we can relax a little instead of having to coordinate schedules just to watch a little t.v. and fall asleep. I'm looking forward to sleeping in on Saturdays and maybe actually making it to church on Sunday instead of having to be at work by 7. It's the little things, folks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails