Wednesday, September 9, 2009

a prayer.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go"
-Joshua 1:9 NIV
I am burdened.
Weak.
Lost.
I am incomplete.

I can't see past this,
my vision is clouded.
the fire that once burned
is fading fast.

I am broken,
beyond repair.
I am sinking,
drowning.

I wander,
searching.
My heart is heavy,
darkness closes in.

I am fearful,
faithless.
Hopeless.
In my darkest moment,
You have found me.
My shame can not hide me.
My sin can not hold me.

My head hangs down.
Lift my chin that I might gaze
upon Your glory.
Let me hear Your voice,
speak to me of Your love.
Soothe this weary soul.

My heart aches, my breath is labored.
Wrap your arms around me, that
I may find rest.
Hold me.

Heal these wounds I have inflicted;
the pain that I have allowed to overcome me,
the darkness I have empowered,
this sickness which plagues me.
You have opened my eyes,
I am healed.
better.
You have pieced together
my broken heart,
given it back to me.

Your love has wiped the tears from my face,
Cleansed them with Your healing rain.
Washed me clean.

I am strong,
for You have given me
strength, courage.
I am loved.
Forgiven.

-V.K.O
-----------------------
Songs:
"I will praise You in this storm" Casting Crowns
"a prayer" Elisa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails