Thursday, February 11, 2010

Love and Marriage and Babies...Oh, my!

Can someone please tell my biological clock to stop ticking?

I'm only 22 for goodness' sake.

This past weekend, Joshua took me to his cousin's wedding. It was interesting to say the least. At first, I was insanely nervous because this was the first meet-the-family event, and in case you couldn't tell, I really like this boy. Somewhere in between the bride putting the ring on the groom's right (read: WRONG) hand and Josh's brother paying the limo driver to chauffeur us around to random small town bars after the reception, my nerves gave way to butterflies.

I don't know what's gotten into me lately, but I've been extremely future-minded. It doesn't help that I'm dating my long-time friend, so we're very comfortable [half] joking about marriage and babies and talking about the future. I keep waiting for one or both of us to start freaking out, but it's just not happening. My brain keeps telling me things are moving too fast and foreshadowing a life-wrecking crash and burn scenario; but those thoughts are fleeting, and disperse as soon as his eyes meet mine for any length of time. And that smile...


So, anyways...back to the wedding. My beau was in the wedding party and I was not, which makes for an interesting situation. I was kind of lonely at first, but quickly began making fast friends with his family. I love his Mom, she is a truly amazing woman and so down to earth! Every family member who would walk up to introduce themselves to me would say; "Are you Josh's girlfriend?" Yes. "He loves you." or some variance of the same. Apparently I was a topic of conversation at the rehearsal dinner. I don't know which is more strange, the fact that the entire family felt comfortable enough to tell me this, or the fact that it left me beaming at each telling.

And then he caught the garter. Goodness Gracious, of course he did. Thus began the planning of my wedding, and Josh's sister-in-law's constant referral to me as her sister-in-law. People were snapping more photos of us dancing/kissing/making goo-goo eyes at each other than they were of the bride and groom, honestly. When it came time for the bride to throw the bouquet, you'd better believe I dodged those flowers like they were freakin' hand grenades! That would've been too much. It's all too much, but I love it.

I'm a lucky [slightly crazy] girl.

Tick, tock. Tick, tock....

-V
------------------------------------
Songs:
"Beautiful Day" Vitamin String Quartet (cover of U2)
"Lucky" Jason Mraz & Colbie Calliat

1 comment:

Brian said...

I think it is great to be future-minded...why not?!? You are 22 and have to some what plan your life out!

Looks like you had a ton of fun at the wedding. My fiance was also "left out" when I was the Best Man at my best friend's wedding...but it was only 2 hours away, which is not so bad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails