Sunday, February 21, 2010

Photo Finish.... Sunday?

I meant to post this on Friday...sorry, it's been a long week, y'all!

One of the things that bothers me about Valentine's Day is that men are pressured to go out and spend bunches of money on flowers and chocolates to prove their devotion & after a matter of days, the chocolates are gone and flowers are either already dead or have begun to wilt. Okay, so maybe the chocolates only last a couple hours, let's be honest, ladies. What exactly does this have to do with love? Love is temporary and throws off your diet for the week? I don't like it.

However, in the interest of full disclosure; I never turn down flowers...or chocolate! I have been waiting for my lovely bouquet to wilt, but it's been over a week now and despite spending most of Valentine's day in my car, sans water, these little darlings are still going strong! I'm horrible with green things, they usually suffer and die under my care, so it must be a sign. I can't wait to see God's plan for my future, and to see if there's a certain blue-eyed boxer by my side. (Did I tell you he boxes? Well, he does.)

Here are a few photos I snapped throughout the week:

Quote by Oliver Wendell Holmes


Don't you just love it when the roses open up like this?
Another little reminder of God's handiwork.


Happy Weekend! (or, what's left of it.)
-V
---------------------------------------------
Songs: (don't worry...I left out the obvious "The Rose" by Bette Midler. You're welcome.)

"You Are the Best Thing" Ray Lamontagne
"Kiss From a Rose" Seal (I couldn't resist..I love Seal! By the way...how many of you think it's; "kissed by a rose on the grave"? It's not. "kissed by a rose on the gray". Look it up!)

1 comment:

Tara said...

The flowers are beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails