Friday, March 5, 2010

Photo Finish Friday

This week has been the week of John Mayer. Months ago, Joshua bought 4 tickets to his concert, and has been eagerly awaiting it ever since. One night this week, we were pulling up to Josh's apartment & he started playing me "Good Love is on the Way" by Mr. Mayer. After we parked I reached for the door handle and he stopped me. He asked me to listen to the song and told me he used to think of me when he would listen to it while he was in the service. I looked at him and asked, "You really mean it when you say cheesy stuff like that, don't ya?". He smiled. He really does.

Last night my sister & I went to the concert with Josh & his buddy from the Navy. Now, I'll be honest...I've never been much of a Mayer fan, but I think some artists are simply meant to be heard live. The man is a very literate musician, much of his music is based on textbook jazz chord changes and riffs, very easy on the ears. Katie & I had a blast and Josh & I slow danced to "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" and annoyed all of the people around us with cheesy lovey dovey-ness. It was fabulous.

Here are a few pics from the concert....enjoy!

My little sis is the cutest thing ever, right?
After this pic, I decided it's time for a spray-tan. UV free is the way to be!


He's my best friend & the other "Half of my Heart"
;-)


Look how excited Joshua was!
He lives for John Mayer =)

Have a great weekend everybody!
-V

------------------------------------------------
Songs:
"Good Love is on the Way" John Mayer
"Half of my Heart" John Mayer feat. Taylor Swift (from his new album, Battle Studies)
"Friends, Lovers, or Nothing" John Mayer (also from Battles Studies)

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening!

Related Posts with Thumbnails