Monday, April 4, 2011

Mantra of the Moment: A Heart Like Mine

Lately, it seems as though I am constantly reminded of my flaws. Each glance in the rearview mirror reveals scars and my overall lack of pigment. Each morning en route to the shower, the bathroom mirror reminds me that I am not where I'd like to be. I can say with certainty that now is the time of my life in which I have the least confidence in my overall appearance, but you know what I have discovered?

I have a lot of confidence in me. I have learned to trust my heart. To trust that I have a heart that wants to do good. Even when the outcome is not what I wish it to be, I have good intentions. I'm learning to accept that I'm not for everyone. And that's okay. In regard to this blog, I appreciate my few followers for their genuine interest. I tend to be a little sporadic with my posting, and Lord knows I tend to over-punctuate (i heart commas), but I hope there is something here that you can enjoy, laugh at, or identify with. The internet is an amazing place, isn't it?

I'll leave you with my favorite song of the moment. Music and language are true wonders of our world. I find magic in them.

xoxo,
V

-------------------------------------
Songs:
"Heart Like Mine" Miranda Lambert

Image:
From my Android phone & edited via Picnik

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails