Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years later



The kiddos made this last week.
Although they weren't around to have memories of September 11, 2001, I wonder if they realize how much it affects their lives.

Just an observation, whether it be watching the news or listening to a casual conversation, I am stunned by the amount of prejudice that has been allowed to persist in our culture and around the world. Why does it take a tragedy (or a sporting event) to pull people together? Each day is a chance for change and to spread some positivity around this place. I am thankful for the good in this world, let us focus on the things which bring about joy. It seems we're headed for demise, be it from rising temperatures or nuclear weapons, so why waste time bogged down with fear and regret? I refuse to let my mind be so stuck in the past that I miss out on the beauty of the present. In whatever time we have, let's make it count.

It's been ten years, friends.
What have we learned?


*all photos personal

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails