Monday, September 19, 2011

So long sweet summer


Autumn weather is headed our way, bringing cooler temperatures and.....

 HUSKER FOOTBALL, BABY!


I love this time of year. Fall always seems to fill my weekends with good food, great music, and amazing people. This past weekend Joshua and I were lucky enough to see the Lincoln Symphony Orchestra's opening performance of the season, Cirque de la Symphonie, at the Lied Center for the Performing Arts here in Lincoln. The Orchestra played many well loved pieces, and were accompanied by artists from Cirque du Soleil. It was terrifyingly beautiful. Good music makes my heart happy, and I must say, the human body can do some amazing things. The Cirque performers turned acrobatics into an art form. I was blown away to say the least.

We have also recently reconnected with an old friend of Josh's from back in the day. I had a blast getting to know him and his wife. Last weekend, the four of us met up with a couple of my co-workers at Mary's Place (local dive/biker bar) and had a great time drinking gin and tonics and dancing to the cover band that was playing. 




 Good times had by all.

Welcome, Autumn! Stay awhile, I'm really enjoying you so far =)

xoxo, V


*all photos personal

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails