Tuesday, November 24, 2009

giving THANKS.

"When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty, my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup."
-Sam Lefkowitz

Yes, I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I figured if Christmas commercials can start airing before I carve my Jack-o-Lantern, I can publish my blog a couple days early. This way, maybe a few people will actually read it before slipping into their Turkey-induced comas on Thursday. In all seriousness, I am reminded daily of the many things I have been blessed with, and sometimes take for granted. Here are just a few.

I Am Thankful For [in no particular order]:

  • John 3:16
  • My electric blanket
  • The constant love and support of my family, including my closest friends, who are becoming more like family every day.
  • President Barack Obama. Love him or hate him, the man has made history, and inspired a whole generation of young people to pay attention to politics and vote!
  • Simon & Garfunkel, Billy Joel, and all of my other favorite musicians, past and present, for inspiration and soul-soothing tune-age! Where would I be without my music?
  • The health of my family & friends
  • Paying off my credit cards - debt free is the way to be, Ladies and Gents!
  • This really sweet guy I know...for making me =)
  • The men & women in the armed forces, who put themselves in harm's way so that I can live in a country where I am FREE. Words simply cannot express my admiration and thankfulness for all that you do.
  • Glee. Sure, that show is a terrible overuse of autotune, but it's fabulously campy & I love it.
  • Having a roof over my head & food on the table.
  • My successful avoidance of the dreaded death-plague that is the H1N1 virus this flu season. So far, so good. [fingers crossed]
  • Being on good terms with my ex. Once again...[fingers crossed].
  • My job...not super in love with it, but hey, I'm employed!
  • A little autistic boy named Malik, who changed my life and helped me find my calling.
  • Tauri the Taurus, for not breaking down on me yet!
  • Last but NOT least, for my READERS, whose support and comments have meant more to me over the past few months than I ever imagined they would. It's all for you, folks.

Happy Thanksgiving!

------------------------------------
Songs:
"Cecilia" Simon & Garfunkel
"Don't Stop Believin" Cast of Glee
"Somebody to Love" Cast of Glee
"Thank you for the Music" Abba


Legal bits: Peanuts characters are © Charles M. Schulz

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails