Saturday, May 15, 2010

I'm gonna be a mommy!

Well...kind of.

As of Friday, May 21, which happens to be my 23rd birthday, I will be the super proud owner of a little baby girl puggle (pug and beagle mix) puppy! Josh and I have named her Penny and I can't wait to meet her! She is coming to me from Sappa Creek Puppies, in Beaver City, NE. Lois at Sappa Creek had been very kind in answering all of my first time puppy parent questions, of which there have been many.

I wanted to know what kind of food to buy, so that she wouldn't have tummy troubles when I brought her home, I wanted to know how many litters her mother has per year, because I am ever leery of the dreaded puppy mill. She answered all of my questions and gave me a reference to call from her previous litter so I could ask about the temperament of the puppies. My fears have been assuaged, puppy supplied ordered, and my deposit is in the mail. I am so excited for next week!

Penny already has a license with her name on it,
thanks to the sweetest boyfriend on the planet.


Meet Penny the Puggle (pictured here at 4 weeks)

More to come!

-V

--------------------------------
Songs:
"Penny Lane" The Beatles (her namesake, because I had that song stuck in my head all night when Joshua and I were discussing puppy names)

2 comments:

Julia said...

my cat's name is Sgt. Pepper, also Beatles inspired! :)

she's adorable, btw!

Vanessa said...

that's awesome! Must be a pretty cool cat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails