Monday, August 16, 2010

Sometimes I'd like to fall asleep for a month or two... or ten.


...but this man, he holds my heart in his strong hands.
He has given back my smile.
He wipes black tears from my eyes and kisses my forehead.
He says I'm stronger, better, for it all.
He carries me,
and the more I lean, the more I learn,
I can stand on my own.*

He's my little bit of You in this world,
always lifting my chin up, to see Your face.
He points me to You when I'm lost in chaos at my own hand.
He whispers blessings in my ear,
I can hear Your heart in the words of his prayer.

What right have I to give anything but gratitude?
Yet, my lips form only apologies.
Faith with no foundation is ignorance,
but knowledge without practice is fruitless.
The wisdom in my head is proving to be useless.
Let my roots grow deep.

Help me to see the path that you intend for me,
and to walk it with faith and trust,
forgetting selfish fear and doubt.
Please lift this cloud of regret from my mind,
I've tried to clear it on my own, without success.
It overtakes me and I am not myself.
Set me free from the lingerings of my past.
Wash me clean.


--------------------------------------
*First stanza from previous post.
Read full post: "Better"

Songs:
"Lead me" Sanctus Real

3 comments:

Ashley said...

If you died today, are you 100% sure you would go to Heaven?

You CAN know 100% you are on your way to Heaven!

I John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1. You Are A Sinner.
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
Romans 3:10

"They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one."
Romans 3:12

2. There Is A Price On Sin.
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." Revelation 20:14

3. Jesus Died and Shed His Precious Blood on the Cross of Calvary To Pay For Your Sins.
"But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission." Hebrews 9:22

"And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." Revelation 1:5-6

4. Salvation Is Not Of Our Works. It Is Through Jesus Christ.
"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness." Romans 4:5
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

5. God Wants To Save You If You Will Just Put Your Trust In Him.
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13

Vanessa said...

Helpful Safety Tip: Shoving religion down people's throats is NOT the Christ-like way to be a witness. Bible Spam seems counterintuitive to me.

Anonymous said...

Nice post
savagespirit.wordpress.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails