Thursday, October 1, 2009

Calling All Heroes!

“We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.”
-Lucretius

I have a lot on my mind this evening, although I'm afraid I haven't got much to say. I'm kind of getting to a point, at least with certain topics, where there are no more words. In short, I want a lot of things for my life. I have often had the internal dialogue; where do I want to be in 5 years? 10? and it usually comes down to the same basic outline; finish my Bachelor's, Master's, get married, raise some kiddos. Hopefully a brilliant career will find it's way in there, somewhere.

I do not believe in taking a passive stance in life. Having goals is useless unless you are willing to do the work it takes to achieve them. I have a hard time not knowing, and an even harder time admitting that there are some things I can't do much about. I can do my best to put myself in a position to be successful in school, and at my workplace, and I can achieve those goals.

I can
not however, simply say to myself; Okay. This month, I'm going to find myself a husband. At least, I don't think that's how it works. I'm fine being single for now, mostly. I am just growing tired of it. I oftentimes feel like I'm stuck in a cycle of bad dates, failed relationships, and if I'm honest, one jackass after another-an endless string of letdowns.

So where's this "white knight" my Mother (and Walt Disney
) told me about when I was a little girl? Isn't there supposed to be some perfectly chiseled, well spoken, handsome young man around here somewhere? Well, if there is, I certainly haven't found him yet. I'm [still] waiting for my hero. I realize there is not much I can do, so I will have faith and wait patiently until my Prince comes along to save me from this unending chain of frogs.

Now, I don't expect to be literally
swept off my feet by some square-jawed Dream Man, but I wouldn't pass up the opportunity, should it pull up to my house in a horse-drawn carriage; that's all I'm saying.

-V.
O'Neel
--------------------------------------------
Note: before you all die of a cliché overload; I'm only half-serious with this post. =)

Songs:
"Holding out for a Hero" Frou Frou
"Dreams" The Cranberries


Image
: I took this at my cousin's wedding ceremony.
Cutest flower girl ever, right?
Edited using Picnik.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails