Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bête noire

©2006-2010 $chix0r

Regret

It's a silent foe that haunts me.

Will I ever be free?

The looming beast which stalks me,

lives within my memories.

When night falls, I fear to close my eyes,

for in my dreams he comes.

My captor holds me without chains,

Binding me with fright.

He is powerless without me,

it's my screams which give him strength.

Fear pulls me down and holds me;

I did not struggle.

I did not fight.

I can't escape.



-V
------------------------------
Goodness, I just can't wait until Tuesday is over with.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind."
-2 Timothy 1:7

Songs:
"Stockholm Syndrome" Muse
"To Salt a Scar" The Gentle Waves
"This Old Wound" Dashboard Confessional
"Monsters Under the Bed" Eugene McGuinness


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails