Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Fiction

Something silly happened this week, and I've had my head in the clouds ever since...
NO, not that.

No crazily quick engagement, so settle down, Mom. (She reads my blog, isn't that sweet?) Anyways, Here's the story: While helping my beau study for his Business Law test, I noticed that he was messing around on his Macbook. (Yes, he's a Mac person & I'm jealous, too.) So, I asked him what he was doing (instead of studying), and he turned the laptop around and said, "How about this one?" On the screen was something shiny. With a Tiffany blue background.

I have absolutely no idea what possessed this man to go to Tiffany & Co. and look at engagement rings... I don't remember dropping any hints, because that would have been INSANE of me. I guess when a girl goes to a diner (read: dive) with you at midnight in a sweatshirt and a messy ponytail & quizzes you with flashcards, it evokes thoughts of marriage? Men are funny creatures, aren't they? We laughed it off and turned our attention back to studying & scrambled eggs.

Nevertheless, I've had visions of diamonds dancing in my head all week. Now, I am nowhere near ready to actually start planning an engagement or wedding, especially with such a new relationship, but I'd be lying to you if I said I never think about it. Every girl dreams of a big white wedding to the man of her dreams, whomever he may be, yes? There's no harm in daydreams, right?

So, here's my little bit of Friday Fiction:
The Tiffany Legacy Cushion Cut Platinum Engagement Ring.

© T&CO. 2010

2 carats.
Costs more than I make in a year.
Drool away, Ladies.

-V
----------------------------------------------
Songs:
"Breakfast at Tiffany's" Deep Blue Something
"Love and Marriage" Frank Sinatra
"Daydreaming" Lupe Fiasco

Note: Joshua, if you're reading this, I love you! & don't be intimidated...1 carat will do ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails