Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bring on the electroshock therapy!


Gotta love the Doctor's office.

Okay, so I'm not exactly going to have my brain zapped or anything...but I am having an EMG next Friday. They're just gonna hook me up and send some "painless" electric pulses up my left arm to see how the neurons in my brain deal with them. See, I've been having some weakness in my left arm and hand lately, and as my Doc said this morning; "That's weird." She was very reassuring, informing me that I didn't have a stroke, and I "probably" don't have M.S. At this point, we're going with a diagnosis of a pinched nerve, but because it's been going on since football season...better safe than sorry.

I have to admit, I was a little worried in the waiting room this morning. My aunt was recently diagnosed with M.S. and I have a cousin who has had strokes due to side effects of birth control. Also, doctor's offices in general just kinda freak me out. I pulled out my Bible and turned to my favorite verse, Joshua 1:9. I read the familiar story of Joshua and the Israelites, and how God provided for them and kept them safe, giving them courage and strength in the face of obstacles that are much more serious than anything I have ever experienced.

I am so blessed to live my life surrounded by people who love and support me, and to feel the warmth of God's love for me, daily. He does not want me to live my life in a cloud of fear and worry. He wants me to have peace and be calm, secure in the knowledge that I am well cared for.

Happy Wednesday, everybody! Only two more days till it's time to T.G.I.F!

-V

---------------------------------------------
Songs:

"The Element Song" Tom Lehrer
"Free Fallin" Tom Petty

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails