Monday, April 26, 2010

Confessions of a Talk-aholic

I'm starting a new segment on my blog.

In an effort to be ever mindful of those around me, and how they bless my life, I want to write letters to the people I love, and I'd love to read yours, too! I think it's important that we don't take things for granted, and for me, writing it out is a good way for me to do just that. So, send me your love letters! They could be to your significant other, pet, mom, or your favorite brand of cereal (no judgement). Let's show some love, people!


Joshua Michael,

You amaze me.

I'm learning more about you each day and I wake up every morning excited for what the day will bring for us. I love growing in knowledge of each other and in our faith together. Something I've known for a long time, but am only truly learning recently is that you are a man of few words for a reason. Your "yes" is yes, your "no" is no. You tell me what is on your mind by the way you live your life, your character speaks for you, in actions, not words.

I'm afraid, my dear, I talk too much. I think sometimes I hide behind my words, analyzing a situation from every conceivable angle. I plan and plot and debate all of the possible actions I could take and the outcomes which would result from each option, instead of making a decision introspectively and moving forward.

You walk the walk, and sometimes, Babe, I just talk a lot.

I am so thankful for your patience, you allow me my verbal indulgences. You sit quietly and let me to it, even if sometimes I can tell you're only waiting for me to pause for a breath. You never interrupt me, no matter the level of crazy at which I'm rambling. And when you respond, it is well thought out, and wise. You really have a way of putting me in my place, Love. At times it's frustrating, even when I know you're right, but most of the time, I am incredibly and wonderfully humbled. With one calm observation, you can unravel countless minutes of my carefully crafted theories of disaster. With a knowing smile, my panic is dissolved and I catch myself smiling along, caught in the realization of my delusion.

Thank you for being the yin to my yang, the calm to my storm, and the best friend I have ever had.

I love you,

Vanessa
-----------------------------
Songs:
"Maybe I'm Amazed" Paul McCartney

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails